Famous Scientists RSVP to Party Invitations
As the story goes, some prominent scientists were invited to a party, and this is how they replied (warning! only avid science students will understand every reference):
* Ampere was worried he wasn't current.
* Audobon said he'd have to wing it.
* Boyle said he was under too much pressure.
* Darwin waited to see what evolved.
* Descartes said he'd think about it.
* Dr Jekyll declined -- he hadn't been feeling himself lately.
* Edison thought it would be illuminating.
* Einstein thought it would be relatively easy to attend.
* Gauss was asked to attend because of his magnetic personality.
* Hertz said in the future he planned to attend with greater frequency.
* Morse's reply: "I'll be there on the dot. Can't stop now, must dash."
* Newton planned to drop in.
* Ohm resisted the idea.
* Pavlov was drooling at the thought.
* Pierre and Marie Curie were radiating enthusiasm.
* Volta was electrified, and Archimedes buoyant at the thought.
* Watt reckoned it would be a good way to let off steam.
* Wilbur Wright accepted, provided he and Orville could get a flight.
Labels: funny jokes